A Bipartisan Discussion with the College Republicans
What: This will be a discussion that both the IU Dems and IU GOP (With No Labels moderating) will take part in to discuss some of the biggest issues we are faced with. Topics include: balanced budget, energy security, entitlement reform, and job creation. This is definitely an event you will not want to miss.
Where: IMU, Maple Room
When: Monday, March 20 at 7 pm
- The Republican “better way” replacement for the Affordable Care Act, or Trumpcare (Something the White House doesn’t want it to be called which is shocking for a person who puts his name on everything else), is a disaster. (Politico) One of the provisions includes measures to “defund” Planned Parenthood (Think Progress).
- President Trump helped build a hotel in Azerbaijan that appears to be a completely corrupt operation engineered by oligarchs tied to Iran’s Revolutionary Guard (Business Insider).
- The “new” executive order on immigration is basically the exact same as the last one. But don’t worry the Washington state AG is already appealing it in court (Bloomberg Politics).
- WikiLeaks released thousands of files identified as CIA documents related to the agency’s cyber-espionage tools and programs (Time).
- Scott Pritt, the head of the EPA, recently said that human activity is not a primary contributor to global warming (Washington Post). This is despite the fact that 97% of climate scientists have said human activity does contribute to global warming (NASA).
- We released an official statement about the status of Indiana University as a sanctuary school in response to the heightened rage over the issue. You can read our statement here.
- Chance the rapper announced, after meeting with the mayor, that he will be donating $1 million to Chicago Public Schools (CNN). As if this story couldn’t get better, Michelle Obama gave him a shout out (Twitter).
- Indiana Rep. Ed Soliday (The guy who called an Indiana CEO stupid on twitter) has had his account hacked and the hacker will only return it if a formal apology is issued for his comments last month (IndyStar).
We hope you have a great spring break and be sure to stay safe!